CelPlan can support Smart Cities project form the point of view of telecommunication, government infrastructure, educational infrastructure, remote offices, energy management, highway optimization and transportation.
CelPlan has proposed several Smart Cities solutions to:
- Minimize the daily populational displacement by:
- Analysis of the telecom infrastructure and proposal of improvements that allow people to work from or in the vicinity of residential areas.
- Developing procedures that allow employees to work remotely. This effort can start with government employees. Pilot programs can be implemented to test efficiency of the process.
- Creating virtual offices in residential areas, so people can work from their residences, or from a virtual office.
- Offering incentives to companies to move from downtown areas to suburbs and hire local employees. This has been done with great success in London.
- Giving incentives for start-ups to stay in the suburbs.
- Improve living conditions in the suburbs
- Urbanizing suburban areas, to make it attractive for people to stay there. This implies in developing local commerce, improving sidewalks and public spaces.
- Creating local entertainment options
- Improve traffic flow in the main transportation arteries
- Regulate access to main transportation arteries to keep them at maximum flow