*Click to enlarge.
CelPlannerTM is a powerful network design tool that allows users to design and validate most types of wireless networks. Some of the technologies supported by the tool include:
- LTE, NB-LTE, LTE-NR, 5G
- Narrowband PMP, IoT
- UMTS, WCDMA, HSPA, HSPA+
- CDMA, cdma2000, EVDO
- 802.16, AEROMACS
- DVB-H/SH, ISDB, LMDS/MMDS
- LMR/PMR, TETRA, P25
- GSM, GPRS, EDGE
- AMPS, TDMA
CelPlanner is the best tool to address the needs of wireless systems including feasibility studies, greenfield network deployments, network expansions, technology overlays, and traffic offload to smaller cells or alternate networks.
The tool has a built-in database platform and stores the entire sites database in its own proprietary format; no need for any external platforms or applications. However, to better accommodate the need of all our customers, there is the option of integrating CelPlanner with other, pre-existing SQL type databases such as Oracle. Some of the main features of the tool are:
- Covers all stages from conception to implementation
- Multiple channel bandwidths and detailed traffic simulation process functionality
- Enhanced implementation of traditional propagation models (fractional morphology)
- Exclusive advanced propagation models (Korowajczuk models)
- Design based on user-defined radio, terminal, and service libraries
- Statistical market and environment modeling
- Dynamic Monte Carlo traffic simulation
- Advanced performance KPI calculation
- Built-in backhaul design tool (CellNetwork)
The key to successful RF planning lies in accurate prediction of RF signal propagation given geographical or topographical factors and constraints. CelPlan’s expertise is embodied in the proprietary Korowajczuk 3D Propagation Model (“K3D”).
- K3D Accurately predicts signal propagation in three dimensions
- Improves upon previous 2D design to incorporate obstruction circumvention via the shortest route rather than default
- Necessary for detailed planning, as more detailed building / GIS databases are available. 2D models do not predict well signals behind isolated obstructions.
Many times, designers are confronted with issues that can be tackled in different ways and they need to make sure they are choosing a cost-effective approach. CelPlanner capability of analyzing and comparing multiple what-if scenarios offers users the chance to test solutions before making an actual investment.
Because the ultimate assessment of network performance belongs to the end user, CelPlanner executes all analyses through different users’ perspectives, indicating the type of service that different types of end devices are expected to receive, be it a fixed rooftop installation or a mobile user.
For urban and dense urban areas where devices can be located in different floors of buildings, designers can create analyses layers to see how different coverage and interference will be when compared to ground level users. Not only that, but network optimization can be done considering the existence of such different users, allowing designers to optimize the system as a whole and not only focus on ground level coverage.